The Incubator for Creative Entrepreneurship is an exciting, new program that provides emerging music creators with seed funding, mentorship, and the opportunity to participate in a progressive webinar series that will hone their skills of entrepreneurship while providing them with the tools and resources needed to turn their talent into a sustainable career.
Each participant in the Incubator for Creative Entrepreneurship will receive:
The exclusive webinar series is a critical part of the program to ensure participants can enhance their knowledge as artist entrepreneurs. The webinar series will focus on developing entrepreneurial skills for music creators, and provide the tools and knowledge to assist in making their talent a sustainable career. Webinar topics will include subject matters around financial literacy, digital media management, publishing, and much more!
Each participant in the Incubator for Creative Entrepreneurship program will receive:
- A cash grant of up to $3,000, which is intended to defray start-up costs (such as costs for marketing, business development, branding, etc.).
- Mentorship by an industry professional chosen / matched / provided by SOCAN Foundation.
- Access to an exclusive webinar series led by industry professionals and experts.
Among the participants accepted into the Incubator for Creative Entrepreneurship, Five (5) of the participants who, through their participation in the program, demonstrate the greatest potential and having most significantly benefited from the program will be invited to Toronto, Ontario to complete a three day residency, during which they will have studio time at the Slaight Studio, an opportunity to showcase their work, and an additional mentorship opportunity with an established songwriter chosen by the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (CSHF). The residency portion of the program is established by the CSHF with the support of SOCAN Foundation, Slaight Music, and Kobalt Publishing.
Due to the nature of the program and its components, it may be necessary for SOCAN Foundation and/or Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame to make changes or adjustments to the program or a component thereof at a later date. SOCAN Foundation will endeavour to provide all participants with as much advance notice as possible of any such changes or adjustments.
- Demonstrate artistic merit in songwriting through the original works they submitted in their applications.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Demonstrate a dedication to establishing a long-term career in the music industry as a music creator.
Complete an application in full and submit it via SOCAN Foundation’s Application Portal by the stated deadline. (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- Be able to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions, and if invited, the residency in Toronto, Ontario, organized by the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program.
- Acknowledge TD and the SOCAN Foundation via social media, if accepted into the program, and to acknowledge the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame, if invited into the in-person residency.